Why take Vitamin D3?
Low levels of vitamin D can result from inadequate dietary intake, insufficient exposure to sunlight, which reduces the body’s synthesis of vitamin D, and kidney or liver imbalances, which inhibit the conversion of vitamin D to its metabolically active forms. Certain prescription and non-prescription drugs can also deplete Vitamin D.
- Vitamin D is important in helping to decrease the effects of aging and on the development of long-term imbalances in metabolism such as thyroid and sex hormones, weight gain, heart disease, diabetes/insulin resistance, and cancer.
- Vitamin D is especially important for healthy bones and teeth.
- Vitamin D may help improve the health of your immune system and can decrease your chances of catching viruses such as colds and influenza.
- Vitamin D has also been reported useful in helping manage seasonal depression.
- If you are taking prescription or non-prescription medications, have a pre-existing medical condition, or are pregnant and/or breastfeeding, talk with your healthcare provider before taking any dietary supplement.
- Do not take if there is an allergy to any component of this dietary supplement.
Those with an increased need for vitamin D include:
- Those with a Lack of Sunlight
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
- Substance Abusers
- Prolonged Stress
- Partial Removal of GI Tract
- Dark Skinned
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Obese/overweight individuals
The following medications may deplete vitamin D from the body. When taking these medications, it is best to supplement your diet with vitamin D:
- Anticonvulsants including barbiturates, carbamazepine, fosphenytoin and phenytoin
- Bile acid sequestrants including cholestyramine and colestipol
- H-2 receptor antagonist including cimetidine, famotidine, nizatidine, and ranitidine
Benefits at a Glance
Maintains Bone and Dental Health
Supports Cardiometabolic Health, Blood Sugar Balance and Weight Loss
Increases Calcium Absorption and Balance
Helps Increase Musculoskeletal Strength and Comfort
Boosts Immune Activity
Vitamin D is a steroid vitamin, a group of fat-soluble pro-hormones that are best known for the role they play in supporting bone health and aiding in the absorption of calcium and phosphate from the gastrointestinal tract. A growing body of research highlights its important role in supporting other body systems, including cardiovascular and blood sugar balance, musculoskeletal strength and neurological and immune function, enabled by its ability to target over 200 different genes throughout the body. At the same time, deficiency and insufficiency of this important nutrient have reached epidemic proportions around the world, making the achievement of optimal levels extremely important than ever to overall health and wellbeing.
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Amount per serving:
Vitamin D3 (as Cholecalciferol)..........25mcg (1,000 IU)
Natural Vegetable Capsules, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Stearate, Silicon Dioxide, and Stearic Acid.
Does Not Contain: Wheat, gluten, yeast, dairy products, fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, artificial colors, artificial sweeteners
Cautions: If you are pregnant or nursing, consult your physician before taking this product.
Dosage and use
Take 1 or more capsules per day or as recommended by your health care professional.
Read our story
on healthy healing!
DISCLAIMER: Statements made are for educational purposes and have not been evaluated by the US Food and Drug Administration. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you have a medical condition or disease, please talk to your doctor prior to using the recommendations given.