Ortho Molecular Products
Orthomega 820 Fish Oil
Benefits at a Glance
Supports cardiovascular health and blood sugar metabolism
Orthomega 820 fish oil supports cognitive function and development
Supports healthy skin, joints and connective tissues
Increases visual and ocular health
Helps maintain a healthy inflammatory response and strengthen immune function
Orthomega® 820 is a high-concentration fish oil sourced from waters off the Chilean coast. As the world’s least industrialized coastline, these cold, fresh waters provide the cleanest, most sustainable source of fish in the world. Orthomega® provides 820 mg of eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA)and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) per soft gel as natural triglycerides, the preferred form with superior absorption. To stabilize the oil, vitamin E (as mixed tocopherols) and rosemary extract are used to ensure maximum purity and freshness. This exclusive fish oil is purified, vacuum distilled, and independently tested to ensure heavy metals, pesticides and polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) are removed to undetectable levels. With over 10,000 published studies in the last three decades, EPA and DHA from fish oil are among the most researched natural ingredients available and have a long history of safety and efficacy.
- 1. It is sourced from the waters off the Chilean coast which is the world’s least industrialized coastline, providing the cleanest cold, fresh water source.
- 2. It is provided as natural triglycerides, which is the natural form with better absorption and assimilation in the body. Most products are available on the market are available in the semi-natural ethyl ester form.
Omega-3 fatty acids are essential fats we need for optimum health. Unfortunately, most Americans don’t get adequate amounts of omega-3s in their diets. Foods containing these fatty acids include oily, cold water fish, such as salmon, mackerel, herring, and sardines; walnuts; and freshly ground flaxseeds and hemp seeds.
A diet high in omega-6 fatty acids and low in omega-3 fatty acids has been reported to promote many chronic diseases, including cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes/insulin resistance, inflammatory conditions, neurological disturbances, asthma/allergies, and cancer. Omega-3 fatty acids on the other hand have strong anti-inflammatory effects. I am a firm believer in the importance of increasing your intake of omega-3 whether through fish oil supplements or other dietary sources. While fish oil supplements are the easiest way to get the omega-3 fatty acids, this is a supplement where you want to be especially careful. It is very common for fish oil supplements to contain PCB’s. They can also easily go rancid. If a fish oil is poorly refined, it will smell unpleasant so manufacturers often add flavorings to mask the smell.
I recommend against purchasing grocery store, pharmacy or discount store brands of fish oil and only purchase from a source you trust. If these products become rancid, they oxidize and will be more of a detriment than benefit to your health. As an added precaution against oxidation, I also recommend storing your fish oil supplements in the refrigerator as heat increases the risk of oxidation.
Some may say I am overly cautious, but if you are going to spend money on supplements, you want to be sure you are purchasing only what you need and they are actually working to improve your health.
Serving Size: 1 softgel
Amount per serving
- Calories .... 15
- Calories from fat .... 15
- Total fat .... 1.5g
- Cholesterol .... <5mg
- Total Omega-3s (as triglycerides) .... 950mg
- EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) .... 430mg
- DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) .... 390mg
- Omega-3s (additional) .... 130mg
- Ingredients: Highly Refined and Concentrated Omega-3 Fish Oil (anchovy), Capsule Shell (gelatin, glycerin, purified water), Natural Lem- on/Lime Flavor, and a Proprietary Antioxidant Blend (consisting of natu- ral tocopherols, rosemary extract, and ascorbyl palmitate).
Dosage and use
- 1 soft gel capsule per day or as recommended by your health care professional
Read our story
on healthy healing!
DISCLAIMER: Statements made are for educational purposes and have not been evaluated by the US Food and Drug Administration. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you have a medical condition or disease, please talk to your doctor prior to using the recommendations given.