Ortho Molecular Products
Benefits at a Glance
Supports GI barrier health and integrity
Promotes inflammatory balance and healthy gut epithelium
Provides concentrated nutrition for GI cells
The ingredients in GlutaShield help regenerate and maintain GI enterocytes while supporting the health of the intestinal mucosal barrier. GlutaShield includes a high dose of L-glutamine (4 g), which serves as nutrition for the gut lining. It provides 500 g of deglycyrrhized licorice root extract (DGL) and 75 mg of aloe vera extract, both of which protect and promote the health of the gut mucosa. N-acetyl glucosamine and zinc boost GI integrity.
LGS is at the root of many chronic diseases and it is virtually impossible to heal any chronic disease without first healing the gut.
This is one of my core products used to improve intestinal barrier function and heal LGS. The core ingredient in this product is L-glutamine which is the primary fuel source for the enterocytes of the small intestine. Additionally, it contains DGL for the mucosal surface, aloe vera to promote normal inflammatory response, N-acetyl D-glucosamine to help increase production of mucus in the GI tract and Zinc to help strengthen tight junctions.
Serving Size: 1 Scoop
Amount per serving
- Calories .... 25
- Total Carbohydrate .... 1g
- Sugars .... <1g
- Vitamin A (as Palmitate) .... 2,000IU
- Zinc (as TRAACS® Zinc Bisglycinate Chelate) .... 10mg
- L-Glutamine USP .... 4g
- N-Acetyl-D-Glucosamine .... 500mg
- Deglycyrrhized Licorice Root Extract .... 400mg
- Aloe vera Leaf Gel Extract .... 75mg
- Other Ingredients: Natural Vanilla Flavoring (msg free), Cocoa processed with alkali, Natural Chocolate Flavor (msg free), and Rebaudioside A (Organic).
- Contains: Crustacean Shellfish (Shrimp and Crab).
Dosage and use
- Mix 1 scoop (6.9 grams) of GlutaShield with water or the beverage of your choice, once daily or as recommended by your health care professional.
Read our story
on healthy healing!
DISCLAIMER: Statements made are for educational purposes and have not been evaluated by the US Food and Drug Administration. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you have a medical condition or disease, please talk to your doctor prior to using the recommendations given.