Vitopia's Goal, Values, and Principles
Vitopia wants to change your life for the better through education, training, and support as you address your health conditions. Our goal is to empower you with transformational knowledge to address both your current health issues, and to assist you and your health care providers in preventing or treating disease before it interferes with the best possible you!
We at Vitopia believe healthy living means directly addressing the underlying root causes of disease. This requires a system-oriented approach to wellness, looking at the interconnected whole.
- Health is not just the absence of disease, but a state of immense vitality.
- Your body has the ability to heal and prevent nearly all the diseases of aging.
- Your body is intelligent and has the capacity for self-regulation, which expresses itself through a dynamic balance of all your body systems.
- The latest research shows us that what happens within us is connected in a complicated network of relationships. Understanding those relationships allows us to see deep into the functioning of the body.
- We are all different, genetically and biochemically unique. This personalized approach treats the individual, not the disease. It supports the normal healing mechanisms of the body, naturally, rather than attacking disease directly.
- There is value in both traditional medicine and natural holistic approaches. Vitopia uses the best practices from both domains. This balance on the continuum of care is sometimes called functional medicine.
Our program adheres to seven core principles of functional medicine:
- Acknowledging the biochemical individuality of each person, based on concepts of genetic and environmental uniqueness.
- Incorporating a patient-centered rather than a disease-centered approach to treatment.
- Seeking a dynamic balance among the internal and external factors in a patient’s body, mind, and spirit.
- Addressing the web-like interconnections of internal physiological factors.
- Identifying health as a positive vitality and not merely the absence of disease.
- Promoting organ reserve as a means of enhancing the health span, not just the life span of each patient.
- A science based focus.
Please check out our in-depth articles on preventing and healing chronic diseases utilizing a Functional Medicine approach. We also encourage you to subscribe to our distribution list so you can receive the most current scientific information on preventing and treating chronic disease.
Read our story
on healthy healing!