Benefits at a Glance
Now with twice the amount of nicotinamide riboside
- increases the body's ability to produce energy
- supports cognitive function and provides neuroprotection
- supports healthy metabolic function, including insulin
- sensitivity and nutritional support for fatty liver
- promotes healthy aging through sirtuin activation
Nicotinamide riboside (NR) is the most direct precursor to nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+). NAD+ is a key component of the citric acid cycle and the electron transport chain, both involved in mitochondrial production of ATP for energy.
In addition to its importance in cellular energy production, NAD+ is a critical substrate for several enzymes, including sirtuins (SIRT1 and SIRT3, in particular), which play key roles in healthy aging, weight management, metabolic syndrome, and hepatic lipid metabolism.
What health benefits does NiaCel provide?
- NiaCel supports insulin sensitivity
- NiaCel promotes healthy aging by turning on sirtuins, which increases mitochondrial biogenesis
- NiaCel is neuroprotective and supports cognitive function
- NiaCel supports weight management by promoting thermogenesis
- NiaCel benefits endurance athletes and fatigued individuals by increasing muscle and cardiac mitochondria
Why take Nia-Cel?
Nicotinamide riboside, along with nicotinic acid and tryptophan, are precursors for nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD). NR is metabolized into nicotinamide mononucleotide (NMN) once inside the cell, by a phosphorylation step catalyzed by the nicotinamide riboside kinases (NRKs), which in turn is converted into NAD+.
- Source of the essential vitamin niacin (Vitamin B3)
- Helps make nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD(+)) in the body, which helps supply us with energy and improves cellular health.
- May help decrease oxidative stress in the brain and improve nerve function
- May help prevent damage to the brain due to trauma, including military, sports and recreational injuries.
- If you are taking prescription or non-prescription medications, have a pre-existing medical condition, or are pregnant and/or breastfeeding, talk with your healthcare provider before taking any dietary supplement.
- Do not take if there is an allergy to any component of this dietary supplement.
Those with an increased need for vitamin B3 include:
- Poor Dietary Intake
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
- Substance Abusers
- Severe Burn or Injury
- Ear Ringing and Dizziness
- Neurological Trauma
The following medications may deplete vitamin B3 from the body. When taking these medications, it is best to supplement your diet with vitamin B3:
- Isoniazid (INH)
- Oral contraceptives
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Amount per serving
Nicotinamide Riboside Chloride .....250mg
Other ingredients: Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Leucine, Silicon Dioxide.
This product contains ChromaDex Inc.'s proprietary Nicotinamide Riboside ingredient, Niagen®. Niagen is a registered trademark of ChromaDex, Inc. Patent: See ChromaDexPatents.com
Dosage and use
- Take 1 capsule two times daily or as recommended by your health-care practitioner.
- This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
- If pregnant, consult your health-care practitioner before using this product.
Read our story
on healthy healing!
DISCLAIMER: Statements made are for educational purposes and have not been evaluated by the US Food and Drug Administration. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you have a medical condition or disease, please talk to your doctor prior to using the recommendations given.