Benefits At a Glance
- Supports antioxidant and cardiovascular health
- Often associated with the health benefits of red wine
- Made with hypoallergenic, vegan ingredients
Resveratrol is a compound that promotes cardiovascular health through its antioxidant action. Pure Encapsulations' Resveratrol is derived from one of the richest known sources, Polygonum cuspidatum, an herb utilized for centuries.
Additional product information
Resveratrol is a compound often associated with the health benefits of red wine, because of its antioxidant and cardioprotectant properties. It promotes cardiovascular health through its antioxidant action and its ability to promote healthy platelet function and maintain healthy arachidonic acid metabolism. Pure Encapsulations Resveratrol is derived from one of the richest known sources, Polygonum cuspidatum, an herb utilized for centuries.
Resveratrol is standardized to contain 20% trans-resveratrol, providing enhanced cardiovascular and antioxidant support.
This is one of the most interesting and researched supplements around. There are well over 250 published studies on Resveratrol. It is the compound found in the skin of red wine. While it is most often marketed for increasing lifespan, there is no single mechanism by which it has been shown that is accomplished. Realistically, I think that would be asking a lot of any single supplement and likely involves making healthy lifestyle choices.
However, with that said, resveratrol would definitely be one of my favorite supplements.
There is strong evidence supporting it may offer the following benefits:
- It is an effective antioxidant, helping decrease the effects of oxidative stress on the body.
- Resveratrol may help decrease inflammation in the body.
- Resveratrol helps protect your heart and vascular system, improving cholesterol levels and protecting the heart from inflammatory and oxidative stresses.
- Resveratrol may help improve insulin resistance and aid in weight loss.
There are also some interesting studies indicating resveratrol is able to work synergistically with melatonin being cardioprotective as well as toxin-induced breast cancer progression in mice. However, we will continue to watch for additional studies before making a recommendation on this combination. It seems there are constantly more studies supporting resveratrol’s health benefits and it appears to be well tolerated with no reported adverse effects. Given all the positive data supporting resveratrol, this would definitely be a product worth considering.