Benefits at a Glance
May help decrease the effects of oxidation and aging on the body
Important for liver health and improves detoxification of the liver
Ideal for people with liver issues
May help improve immunity, leading to faster wound healing.
√ Offers the key antioxidant glutathione in an enhanced absorption liposomal form*
- Purified phosphatidylcholine delivery system offers natural liposomal formation due to the hydrophobic and hydrophilic nature of phospholipids
- Liposomal form protects glutathione bonds from the degradation that can occur in digestion*
√ Protects the body from free radicals to support cellular function and homeostasis*
- Glutathione is found in virtually every cell of the body and plays a critical role in protein synthesis, enzyme function, transport, and cell maturation*
- Optimal levels of glutathione have been associated with physical and mental health*
√ Supports liver health and detoxification*
- Offers antioxidant support for liver tissue protection; highest concentration of glutathione is found in the liver*
- Promotes p450 phase II conjugation pathways in the liver to support detoxification*
- Maintains healthy lipid metabolism and oxidative status*
Liposomal glutathione offers powerful antioxidant and cellular function support in an enhanced absorption form. BioGlute™ is a registered trademark of Essential Nutraceuticals, LLC.
Glutathione is a powerful antioxidant and has been the subject of growing scientific interest. There are over 100,000 glutathione citations on PubMed, and research continues worldwide.
Deficiency is increasingly recognized as a risk factor in coronary artery disease, asthma, neurodegenerative disorders, cognitive-behavorial problems, and various types of cancer. In addition to being an antioxidant, it is also a powerful detoxifier and plays a major role in immune function.
As a detoxifier, glutathione binds metals and other toxins and transforms them into compounds that can be excreted in bile or urine. Once bound, these toxins become water-soluble and can be transported out of cells.
Studies have shown glutathione deficiency is associated with Parkinson's disease (DeChiara B, et al. Coron Artery Dis. 2007; 18(2): 77-82). An important aspect of this issue is that there can be a local deficiency of glutathione in the substantia nigra in the brain and also in muscle, and yet blood levels can be normal.
Alcoholics have low glutathione levels, and so do people with Alzheimer's disease. Cigarette smoking is known to deplete glutathione.
Glutathione is low in the brain of individuals with chronic fatigue syndrome (Hyman M. Glutathione: the Mother of All Antioxidants. Huffington Post, April 4, 2010).
Liposomal glutathione, is now available in a number of formulations. This form has proven functional both in cells (Zeevalk GD, et al. Neurochemi Res. 2010;35(10):1575-87), and in animal tissue after oral absorption (Rosenblat M, et al. Atherosclerosis. 2007;195(2):e61-8).
Serving Size: 1 Softgel Capsule
Amount per serving
BioGlute ..... 375mg
Proprietary blend of glutathione and essential phospholipids
Setria glutathione ..... 250mg
Phospholipid complex ..... 125mg
Other ingredients: extra virgin olive oil, beeswax, calcium carbonate, gelatin capsule (gelatin, glycerin, water, titanium dioxide)
Dosage and use
- 1–2 capsules daily, in divided doses, with meals, or as directed by a health professional.
Read our story
on healthy healing!
DISCLAIMER: Statements made are for educational purposes and have not been evaluated by the US Food and Drug Administration. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you have a medical condition or disease, please talk to your doctor prior to using the recommendations given.